Lawrence County Conservation District operates under the belief that conservation works best when local people, those who live and work in the area, play an active role in managing their natural resources.
Because conservation districts are familiar with local issues they are able to identify and prioritize actions needed to manage the resources of a particular area.
Lawrence County Conservation District is able to provide assistant on a range of environmental issues through the following available programs:
- Agricultural Conservation
- Agricultural Land Preservation
- Dirt, Gravel and Low Volume Roads Program
- Environmental Education
- Erosion & Sediment Pollution Control
- Nutrient Management Program
- Waterway Protection
More detail and information concerning these programs can be found under Programs.